University of Arkansas Grantham
Educational Technology Specialist
University of Arkansas Grantham contracts with UAS Services, LLC and Oasis, A Paychex Company, as our exclusive employment partner to provide benefits and payroll services and deliver on our mission for our students. UAS Services, LLC is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff.
Please note, the University of Arkansas Grantham is looking for remote workers in the following states: AR, AL, AZ, DE, FL, GA, KS, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WY
The Educational Technology Specialist supports the instructional designers to assist faculty in course development and design processes. Coordinates and develops instructional materials to enhance the pedagogy of any class. Performs all necessary support and functions for the university’s use of educational hardware, software, and systems.
The Educational Technology Specialist supports and investigates educational technologies, collaborating with instructional designers and faculty to effectively manage and update courses in a learning management system to meet the teaching and learning goals of faculty and students. Owns and resolves technical issues that arise from educational technologies and content used in the university online courses.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in the use of third-party tools and LTI integration for online courses (i.e., Cengage, Pearson, McGraw Hill)
- Provides end user support for learning and collaborative technologies, video creation, accessible technology support, and classroom and conferencing technology
- Lead problem-solver for course issues - owning tickets and expediting to resolution
- Serves as the highest level of problem escalation and resolution for teaching and learning tools
- Triage incoming support tickets and research appropriate solutions
- Performs duties assigned by instructional designers to manage, improve, edit content, create, and evaluate content for online courses
- Assist instructional designers in the mission to improve online course quality to include 508 compliance
- Assists in the development and implementation of faculty and staff training, consulting, and related support for educational technologies
- Researches and evaluates the use of new technologies and their impact on student learning outcomes
- Collaborate with instructional designers, faculty, and staff, to identify, analyze, explore, and meet the university’s teaching and learning technology needs
- Works with third-party vendors to resolve complex issues with learning and collaborative technologies
- Collaborates with classroom technicians, instructional designers, accessibility specialists, and student employees. Attends weekly (online) team meetings and university meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- A bachelor’s degree in, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, or a related discipline is required; a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related discipline is preferred
- With a bachelor’s degree as described above at least six years of educational technology or related technical experience is required. With a master’s degree as described above at least three to four years of experience is required
- Manages large projects of the most complex nature, from start to finish, ensuring on time completion
- Communicates ongoing changes in tasks, goals, or performance
- Develops and maintains project schedules, goals, and communication
- Collaborates with the instructional design team and other departments to ensure that project objectives are achieved within established time frames
- Must understand 508 compliance and the use of educational technologies, software, and third-party tools for online courses
- Experience working with eLearning industry standard software (Articulate Storyline and Rise (primarily), Photoshop, SnagIT, Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, etc.) is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to work effectively with staff and multi-disciplinary teams (knowledge of virtual communication tools)
- Knowledge of educational models used in distance education, adult learning styles, and technology-assisted instruction desired
- Three years’ experience (minimum) working and troubleshooting with an LMS required (Blackboard - Learn Original and Ultra)
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Google Suite
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in an online environment with students and faculty
- Comfortable using virtual tools (i.e., Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet and Chat)
- Must have the ability to work effectively with a variety of people (students, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and members of the general public)
- Must be able to gather, analyze, evaluate, and integrate information electronically
- Must be able to maintain close attention to detail and produce work in a timely fashion within a complex and fast- paced environment
- Experience with online teaching in a college environment is preferred
- Base knowledge of HTML preferred.